Friday, November 6, 2015



Legend in my own mind 

They say it like it’s a bad thing
and accuse me, but yes -
I am. Aren't you? Better a legend
in your own mind than in someone else's. 

Inside me it’s as big as the whole universe
and the other one, put together
maybe bigger! 

Most people's souls now 
are the size of the Apple Store
or the nursing home gift shop 
or the family photo album
or the decor of the waiting room 
at Jiffy Lube. But it's no good 
getting mean about it like this. 

When they were born their soul 
wasn't in the Jiffy Lube, yet. Anyway, 
anyone can enlarge their soul. 

As long as they don’t try it 
at the drive-thru window. 

It takes time to make a legend. 
Take it from me. 

[ Hold on. Did you hear that?                  Let's 
be quiet a minute, I thought I heard 
something.                 It really is big in here … ]



No comments:

Post a Comment